Re: Complex ACLs are driving me crazy !!!

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 01:39:23 +0100

Leonardo Rodrigues wrote:

> People, I'm having some problems with complex ACLs. The questions are:
>
> 1) How squid works when there's more than one 'http_access allow/deny'
> line ? It uses OR or AND ? I think it's OR. Am I wrong ?

http_access ... AND ... AND ...
OR
http_access ... AND ... AND ...
OR
http_access ... AND ... AND ...

using normal shortcut logic wher OR is sequence points stopping at the
first match. Processing for a *_access directive is
top->down,left->right

> 3) Is the rule 'acl rule1 url_regex string1 string2 string3' possible ?

Yes. It matches any of string1, string2 or string3

> 4) Are ACLs threated on the order they are specified on the squid.conf
> file, or the order doesn't matter ?

Order of acl lines does not matter, as long as the acl name is defined
prior to being used in a *_access line.

If the same acl is redefined later on then it adds to the already
defined values.

acl url_regex string1 string2 string3

and

acl url_regex string1
acl url_regex string2
acl url_regex string3

is equivalent ways of specifying a acl matching any of the three
strings.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker