Re: Redirection based on ACL?

From: Clifton Royston <cliftonr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 08:29:09 -1000

On Tue, Jan 04, 2000 at 08:27:14PM -0600, Jonathan Hall wrote:
> I wish to use Ad Zapper, but don't want to force all users to use it if they
> don't want it.
>
> Is it possible to use a url redirector only for certian ACLs? And if so...
> how is it done, or where do I find documentation to explain such?
>
> Thanks!

A simple alternative may be to run Squid with Adzapper on a separate
port number with the no_cache directive and Squid on the same machine
but other port number as its parent.

It works to run two instances of Squid on the same machine, and that
way your users could choose for themself whether they want ads zapped
by selecting which port they use on the proxy.

  -- Clifton

--
 Clifton Royston  --  LavaNet Systems Architect --  cliftonr@lava.net
        "An absolute monarch would be absolutely wise and good.