Re: Will there be a v2.2STABLE6?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 01:18:07 +0100

Steve Snyder wrote:

> I see that 6 bugs in Squid v2.2STABLE5 have been verified and fixed
> "in 2.3". Will there be another release in the v2.2 series or are
> we waiting for v2.3?

The amount of known bugs/misfeatures in 2.2.STABLE5 is far greater than
those 6 mentioned on the official bugs page, and more is likely to be
found before Squid-2.3 sees the day. Some of the bugs in 2.2.STABLE5 is
(in my opinion) quite fatal and if you sum them up then there surely is
need for a STABLE6 release. Also, due to the amount of changes going
into Squid-2.3 it will probably take a while before Squid-2.3 gets as
stable as Squid-2.2.STABLE5+patches.

Note that I will probably have to support Squid-2.2 for some time now
irregardless when Squid-2.3 is released. I have a customer who is quite
likely to deploy a large number of slightly modified Squids shortly and
I don't see Squid-2.3 as an option there for quite a while due to both
maintenance and technical reasons.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker