Re: Will there be a v2.2STABLE6?

From: Clifton Royston <cliftonr@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 16:07:04 -1000

On Thu, Jan 06, 2000 at 01:18:07AM +0100, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> Steve Snyder wrote:
> > I see that 6 bugs in Squid v2.2STABLE5 have been verified and fixed
> > "in 2.3". Will there be another release in the v2.2 series or are
> > we waiting for v2.3?
>
> The amount of known bugs/misfeatures in 2.2.STABLE5 is far greater than
> those 6 mentioned on the official bugs page, and more is likely to be
> found before Squid-2.3 sees the day. Some of the bugs in 2.2.STABLE5 is
> (in my opinion) quite fatal and if you sum them up then there surely is
> need for a STABLE6 release. Also, due to the amount of changes going
> into Squid-2.3 it will probably take a while before Squid-2.3 gets as
> stable as Squid-2.2.STABLE5+patches.

Henrik, is Squid-2.2.STABLE5+patches in your opinion more stable than
Squid-2.2.STABLE4+patches? I'm curious which I should run from a
maximum reliability standpoint. I keep hearing about bugs in STABLE5,
but I assume some of that is just the number of sites using it, and
that much of my positive experience with STABLE4 is just because it's
so underutilized here as yet.

  -- Clifton

--
 Clifton Royston  --  LavaNet Systems Architect --  cliftonr@lava.net
        "An absolute monarch would be absolutely wise and good.