Re: Will there be a v2.2STABLE6?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 13:51:37 +0100

Clifton Royston wrote:

> Henrik, is Squid-2.2.STABLE5+patches in your opinion more stable than
> Squid-2.2.STABLE4+patches? I'm curious which I should run from a
> maximum reliability standpoint. I keep hearing about bugs in STABLE5,
> but I assume some of that is just the number of sites using it, and
> that much of my positive experience with STABLE4 is just because it's
> so underutilized here as yet.

2.2.STABLE5+patches is 2.2.STABLE4 with the bugs mentioned on the bugs
page fixed. I don't think there is any other changes in 2.2.STABLE5.

2.2.STABLE5 + my patch set is in my opinion even more stable and with
the bonus of some additional tuning available.

If you don't experiense any problems with your 2.2.STABLE4 installation
then there is not much point in upgrading.

Any bugfixes or anaylyses seen on squid-users will be based on the
latest STABLE release. This is part of the "support policy". As a user
you are supposed to have verified that the problem you are seeing is
present in the latest STABLE release before sending a bug report.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker