slight confusion on always_direct

From: Colin Campbell <sgcccdc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 12:16:19 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

I used to have just two siblings. Now I have a parent cache as well.
Unfortunately my "security" denies the parent access to the web server
providing cachemgr service. This means I can't necessarily get to my
squids for cachemgr.

I think I need something like:

acl squid1 src ....
acl squid2 src ....

always_direct allow squid1 squid2

What I am confused about is whether this will affect the siblings,
squid[12] using the parent. Is there anything else I need? I cannot
experiment on production systems otherwise I'd suckit-n-see.

Colin