Re: Lower the number of squid children

From: Kendall Lister <kendall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 18:00:00 +1100 (EST)

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, Chris Ison wrote:

> hi all .. I am just wondering how I lower the number of squid children
> running on my system .. All info I found related to dns children.
>
> I have 20+ squid processes running (shown via ps aux) started from just
> the 1 squid and would like to lower it to 10 if possable.

You shouldn't actually have 10 Squid processes... Squid doesn't spawn
children in the same way the Apache does, which is why you haven't been
able to find directive to reduce the number. At least, that's the way it
looks here.

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781