Parent <-> Child relationship

From: Jobst Schmalenbach <jobst@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 18:50:15 +1100 (EST)

Hi listusers,

maybe I didnt ask the right questions last time.

I am seeing that if the parent has soemthing in its cache the local
cache is NOT updated. Is this correct and intended from squid?

How can I make the CHILD (that is the local cache) keep a copy of the
data as well? are there any switches?

I tested the webpages whether they are cacheable, and yes most of the
pages are, but yet I see the LOCAL SQUID (the child) has a lot of
misses. The local cache is after the modem, that is on my site of the
ppp connection, so it would make sense that the local cache has a
copy as well instead of picking them up from the parent all the time.

In the logs I can see that the parent has HITS a lot of times, and
hence the data gets fetched; slow in real terms if you sit behind a
56K modem.

regards
Jobst
| __, Jobst Schmalenbach, Barrett Consulting Group Pty Ltd |
| _ _.--'-n_/ POBox 277, Caulfield South, Vic, 3162, Australia |
| -(_)------(_)= email: jobst@barrett.com.au, phone: 61-3-95327677 |
| http://www.barrett.com.au/People/jobst/ |