Anonymize_headers

From: Randy Johnson <randyj@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 18:46:57 -0500

Is it possible to set up squid to web surf anonymously? I have tried the
following in my squid.conf file:

forwarded_for off
anonymize_headers allow Allow Authorization Cache-Control
anonymize_headers allow Content-Encoding Content-Length
anonymize_headers allow Content-Type Date Expires Host
anonymize_headers allow If-Modified-Since Last-Modified
anonymize_headers allow Location Pragma Accept Charset
anonymize_headers allow Accept-Encoding Accept-Language
anonymize_headers allow Content-Language Mime-Version
anonymize_headers allow Retry-After Title Connection
anonymize_headers allow Proxy-Connection

fake_user_agent Nutscrape/1.0 (CP/M; 8-bit)

However, when I access sites such as http://www.tlsecurity.com, the site comes
back with my IP address, browser and OS information.

I'm accessing my squid proxy via an internal ip address to the server (Linux,
IP Masquerading via cable modem connection to broadband provider.) Any ideas?

Randy Johnson
Fairfax, Virginia
randyj@fx4-1-122.mgfairfax.rr.com