Anyone comments authenticating to NT?

From: Drenning Bruce <bdrenni@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 14:57:12 -0500

We have an NT firewall. It works OK except the web proxy is too unreliable.
We have to restart the service daily. After some troubleshooting, I believe
the main problem is that is doesn't deal well with our requirement for user
authorization. I am using the NT domain for authentication.

In light of this, and the fact I have a couple of linux boxes for file/print
already running, I thought I could set up Squid on one of them and then deny
web proxy to all IP addresses but the Squid server. Can anyone comment on
the reliability of smb_auth with squid? We only have about 250 users.
Averaging 6 - 8 concurrent http connections.