Re: dnsserver and 2.3-STABLE1

From: Leonid Igolnik - LiM <lim@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 04:39:15 +0200 (IST)

From changes file:
In this version, DNS lookups are done by the main Squid process by
default. Squid reads your /etc/resolv.conf file to get a list of
nameservers that it can query. If, for some reason, you require the
dnsserver child processes, then you can return the old behavior with the
--disable-internal-dns configure option.

 On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, Richard J Palmer wrote:

|I seem to have an odd problem with the latest stable release of Squid.
|
|I've been using 2.2 for a while but when I went to setup a new server I
|got the latest version and installed it without any major hassle
|
|*BUT* when I run it it doesn't seem to lauch any dnsserver processes at
|all (that is none show up under ps -aux as they used to with 2.2.
|There's no errors reported in the cache.log file.
|
|This is under Linux 2.2 on a dual PII box.
|
|Any ideas ?
|
|Richard
|--
|Richard Palmer