Re: Accel + Cache?

From: Kendall Lister <kendall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 18:09:27 +1100 (EST)

On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, Ben Mckellar wrote:

> 1) I was wondering if i can run Accel and Cache on the same mahcine using
> port 80.
> At the moment i have Mandrake and i get an error msg: FATAL ERROR
> CANNOT OPEN HTTP PORT.
> i can run cache on 3128 and Accel on 3127 but i wish to run them on
> port 80, is it possible .. how?
> There is obviously something on that port how can i close it?

Well, are you running a web server, as they tend to occupy port 80... :)
Are you sure that you really want to be running an accelerating proxy for
your web server?

> 2) Is there a GUI that will sit on top of squid and give me statistics in
> the form of graphs etc.. of usage etc.

Have you looked at the links on the Squid home page? For starters, try
MRTG and pwebstats (which is actually a log analyser). Squid's own
cachemgr.cgi will give you plenty of detailed feedback, but not in
graphical form.

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781