Re: Applying your patches to STABLE5...

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 11:11:40 +0100

Clifton Royston wrote:

> Anyway, starting at the end (bottom) of your list for 2.2STABLE5 and
> working upwards from there worked OK for me with three exceptions:
>
> 1) The WebDAV patch, as noted above;

Yes. You should use either my version or the NLANR version.

> 2) "Squid-2.3.DEVEL2: Fast close of FTP data channel" wouldn't apply -
> I think that one is duplicated in the NLANR patches;

It is. I have now removed "my" patch from the patch list as it isn't
really one of my patches.

> 3) Your first listed patch (i.e. last to apply) "Squid-2.2.DEVEL3: The
> last aclDomainCompare bugs squeezed" applied fine but wouldn't compile
> for me, even though I'd applied the previous patches from you and NLANR

Applying that one is a bit tricky. It should however work if you follow
the instructions and apply it with --fuzz=3, or manually add the
rejected parts.

> I would likewise recommend the snapshot (now that I've finished going
> the other route.) Oh well, it was good familiarization as to what's in
> them!

True, both ways.

However, the snapshot contains a little more that is not available from
neither my page or the NLANR page but found from other sources (mostly
squid-bugs). See the changelog in the snapshot.

--
Henrik Nordstrom