Re: Applying your patches to STABLE5...

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 00:13:37 +0100

Clifton Royston wrote:

> Q1:
> Should I apply the few NLANR patches before applying any of yours?

Maybe. My patches are made from an incremental source tree, patched with
NLANR patches from time to time. See the head of the snapshot patch for
a full cronological changelog if you are interested in all the details.

> Q2:
> In applying your patches, is it correct to simply apply all the ones
> I'm using in chronological order (earliest first)?

Correct. However, the cronological order is the reverse of the listed
order, file dates or Squid version numbers are irrelevant. I thought I
had spelled this out in the section description(s)?

> Q3:
> I was a little confused by the fact that there were patches for 2.2
> versions in the 2.3DEVEL3 section, and vice versa.

The lists are patches which apply to that specific version. Patches
appering in both the 2.2.STABLE5 and 2.2.DEVEL3 lists apply to both
versions. The list of old 2.2 patches not yet updated to 2.3 version is
only that.

> For an optimally patched 2.2STABLE5, should I be applying only the
> patchs which name 2.2STABLE5, all the patches which name any 2.2STABLE
> version, or all the ones from the "My patches to 2.2.STABLE5"
> (including those which name 2.3) and "Patches not yet updated to
> 2.3.DEVEL3 versions" section, plus those from the "My patches to
> 2.3.DEVEL3" which reference 2.2STABLE5? Or what combination would be
> correct.

All my patches for 2.2.STABLE5 are listed in the "My patches to
2.2.STABLE5" section.

If you'd like to take the simple path then grab the snapshot. It is one
huge patch with all my patches and most NLANR patches (I try to include
them all, but sometimes there is a slight delay if NLANR has released a
patch of recently).

> Thanks immensely for all your help and contributions; I was mildly
> stunned by the number of patches I've ended up downloading from your
> site.

Thanks. I hope you enjoy the patches.

--
Henrik Nordstrom