RE: max-age and running out of filedescriptors

From: Zhang, Jenny (jennyz) <jennyz@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 16:58:46 -0800

I just figured that the 'cache is running out of filedescriptors' can be
avoided
by tuning pconn_timeout, read_timeout, request_timeout and quick_abort.

Henrik's message answered my question about cache.log message:
> 1999/09/24 15:26:00| sslReadClient: FD 21: read failure: (104) Connection
> reset by peer

>This generally means that the client aborted the SSL connection while
>Squid was sending data to it.

Since I am doing BenchMark, the number of transactions/min is very important
to me. When client aborted the SSL connection while Squid was sending data
to it, is it still a successful transaction? By 'successful', I mean user
get the page he asks for?

Thanks a lot,
Jenny