Questions about Store Directory Stats

From: Nielson Assa <assa@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 20:13:15 +0800

Hello,

I paste the below logs from cachemgr.cgi - Store Directory Stats.
I've notice that the "Filemap bits in use" is 70% used and our cache storage
still have 80% free.

Should I worried about the 70% Filemap bits in use ?
Should I increase the First level subdirectories and/or the Second level
subdirectories ?
If I did increase the subdirectories level, will it cause loosing of the
contains of stored objects ?

Any comments/suggestions will be very helpful.
BTW, we are using the same configurations on 3 of our proxies running FreeBSD +
Squid 2.3 Stable 1.

Thanks.

|assa|

# cachemgr.cgi
# Store Directory Statistics:
# Store Entries : 46218
# Maximum Swap Size : 2048000 KB
# Current Store Swap Size: 331235 KB
# Current Capacity : 16% used, 84% free
# Store Directory #0: /proxy/cache
# First level subdirectories: 16
# Second level subdirectories: 64
# Maximum Size: 2048000 KB
# Current Size: 331235 KB
# Percent Used: 16.17%
# Filemap bits in use: 45874 of 65536 (70%)
# Flags:

Best Regards,

| Nielson Assa |
E : assa@manado.wasantara.net.id