Re: Help - Cache on a dial-up line

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 15:41:48 +0100

R.A. Jenkins wrote:

> I've tried numerous times to get this to work, but every time I start Squid
> & put in the proxy settings on the main machine I work from (Win98/IE5) I
> loose access to the ISP.

Does TCP/IP networking work correctly from the machine where Squid runs?

I don't think your problems are Squid related, rather a configuration
error on the host where you try to run Squid. Try using for example lynx
on the same machine to verify Internet connectivity/settings of the
host.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker