Re: Coping precedence from cache->server conenction to cache->client.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 17:39:10 +0100

Leonid Igolnik - LiM wrote:

> For better QoS we want that TOS of connection between server and proxy
> will propagate to the client to proxy connection. Here is example:

I am afraid I do not know much about how TOS fits in the "standard" BSD
socket API, but if you figure out how to get the incoming TOS from the
client connection and how to set it on the outgoing connection then
adding it to Squid isn't that hard I suppose.

> P.S.: We have some plans to fix the MTU discovery problem with transparent
> proxy, so if you have to say anything about it other than in your last
> Usenet article, we would really like to hear about it.

Path MTU discovery problems in transparent proxies is seen when the ICMP
"must fragment" messages isn't sent to the redirecting TCP/IP stack.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker