Re: Requre authentication when downloading EXE/ZIP files > 128K?

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 04:07:24 +0000

Rod Savard wrote:

> I want to set up our Squid 2.3S1 to require a user name password
> authentication if a user tries to download a ZIP or EXE file which has a
> size > 128K. Is this possible?
>
> (The reason for the size specification is to still allow EXE CGI scripts to
> work.)
>
> Thanks in advance...
>
> ---
> Rod Savard - Delphi Developer
> Savard Software - Tri-Cities, Washington, USA
> rodney@savard.com - http://www.savard.com

Bit of a problem there, in that squid isn't able to perform ACL matching based
on object size. Usually because until it's requested the object it doesn't
know how large it will be. In some rare cases it's not able to tell until it
has finished retrieving the object.

So, off the top of my head, the answer is no.