Re: How to make my parent retrieve misses?

From: Kendall Lister <kendall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 15:12:50 +1100 (EST)

On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, Jonathan Benson wrote:

> > In this case prefer_direct is a better thing to play with. Using
> > never_direct is useful when you want to forbid Squid from going direct
> > no matter how your parents perform, i.e. when you are inside a firewall
> > and cannot go direct.
>
> As you saw I have played with it (ie set it to off). Any other ideas?
>
> I did try Kendall's suggestion but that broke things completely.

Oops, sorry... :) It seemed like a good idea at the time.

> Perhaps I should temporarily stop trying to change the neighbor type based
> on domain and see if that fixes things?

In my opinion the best way to debug a problem is often to go back to
basics and what you _know_ works, and isolate things that you are sure
about.

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781