IP6 support ?

From: Danny Thomas <D.Thomas@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 17:17:28 +1000

I don't keep up with squid and would like to know if there are plans to
support ip6 ?

KAME did do a patch for squid-1.1.22 (ftp://ftp.kame.net/pub/kame/misc/)
but it's much better if the developers of a package directly support ip6.
The KAME ip6 stack has been integrated in NetBSD-current for ca 6 months
(yes even the VAX and WinCE NetBSD platforms can run ip6 for everything bar
NFS) and it's in the process of being integrated in Open/FreeBSD-current.
So there's already a reasonable population of systems which are
ip6-capable, not to mention the recent commercial unices. Of course there's
always lots of feature enhancements competing for developer-interest so I
wonder how ip6 stands ?

cheers,
Danny Thomas

PS the cineca site seems to be down so I couldn't search the archives.