Re: IP6 support ?

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 23:05:39 +0000

My understanding is that any plans along those lines are my own. Due to a
bizarre and recurrant condition called 'Real Life', I've been unable to
complete my patch-set to 2.3 (which, along with a couple of other frequently
requested features I had hoped to get completed before 2.3 went to stable
release).

So - my fault that it's not there, at the moment. Currently, I'm single-handed
on a Big Project(tm), for which the release candidate deadline is only around
3 months away. More of that Real Life thing.

Consequently, I'm now aiming at either a late patch to 2.3STABLE(n) where (n)
>4 or for managing to produce it by 2.4DEVEL(something).

I _did_ have microscopic proxy that could be used as a parent to squid to
provide IP-protocol-indepenent browsing, but the code was more or less crap,
and I'm not entirely sure what I've done with it. It was ugly, and
inefficient, and I'd cobbled it together from other code of mine that was
intended to do something quite different.

As it happens, Big Project(tm) involves proxying and does incorporate ipv6
support (since the new API's are much easier to work with from the get-go,
rather than retrofitting later). I daresay I'll have learned quite a bit by
the time I've finished it. I know that I have already.