Re: Cascade issue

From: Kendall Lister <kendall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 10:07:28 +1100 (EST)

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000, Kerry Cox wrote:

> I am wanting to set up a squid box at each of our client sites. They
> are connected to us via a satellite link. Basically, if the site they
> are looking for is not on the Linux Squid box, it should send a
> request to the main cache iengines we have here at the hub, which are
> running the Inktomi cache server.

So if I understand this correctly, you have a normal Squid proxy, with
some other cache as its parent?

> I am, however, successful in getting it to point to the inktomi box
> itself without looking at the local client. Here is what I have.
>
> # this option does work
> # it points everything to the inktomi-cluster rather than local
> cache_peer inktomi-cluster.onsatnet.com parent 8080 0 no-query default

When you say "looking at the local client" I presume that you are
referring to the Squid proxy checking its own cache before asking its
parent. The above is a fairly standard setup - what does your access.log
say about objects being fetched?

--
 Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au
  Charon Information Services - Friendly, Cheap Melbourne ISP: 9589 7781