Re: Using two Proxies to balance the load.

From: visolve cache <visolve_cache@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 05:46:45 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
  There are two solutions for load balancing

1. You can use dns round-robin method. In order to
make it work you should configure in named.local of
your dnsserver as follows

CACHE-A IN A 172.16.1.111
CACHE-D IN A 172.16.1.114
CACHE-F IN A 172.16.1.116
CACHE IN CNAME CACHE-A
CACHE IN CNAME CACHE-F
CACHE IN CNAME CACHE-D

 so that in your browser you can specify CACHE as the
proxy cache server. Now for every http request
different proxy servers selected in round robin
fashion

Adv

---
 cost is low.
disadv
------
no fail over strategy
2. You can use router for load balancing.
adv
---
Routers(WCCP Router)has fail over strategy if one
proxy fails it can route the same request to another
proxy.
disadv
------
expensive