Re: squid and dns

From: visolve cache <visolve_cache@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 05:54:35 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

       Before an HTTP request can be sent, the
server's IP address must be obtained through a DNS
lookup.
The DNS request is generally satisfied by a local DNS
                      server.
       Hence even if some objects have been cached, in
one web page, to fetch the remaining objects, it has
to obtain the IP address of the server, using the DNS
lookup.

Regards,
Visolve Cache.