Re: squid with satellite

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 01:47:05 +0100

Maurizio Marini wrote:

> i would conf a cache to use the cache of a satellitar system.
> So, my cache must use parent *like* behind a firewall (using
> never_direct and so on..).
> My conf works fine.
> But two problem stay out:
> 1 - if parent is unreachable, every request results in an error messages

What would you like to see if you have told squid that it MUST use the
parent, and the parent is unavailable?

> 2 - hierachy-stoplist should send request direct without results in an
> error message for the never_direct configuration

No, never_direct is a lot stronger than hierarchy_stoplist, or Squid
would be quite unusable inside a firewall.

> someone is so kind to help me to get squid fine settuped?

It sounds like you are after the "prefer_direct off" setting rather than
never_direct.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker