Re: MRTG Graphs for object count

From: denisz <denisz@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 23:21:51 +0700

Matija Grabnar wrote:

> > I have a weird object count displayed on mrtg graph. It was attached
> > here.
> > IMHO, object count always added up until it was replaced or purged by
> > some mechanism.
>
> Did you tell MRTG that it was not an ordinary counter?
> I think you need to add
>
> Options[objcnt-day]: gauge
> --
> "My name is Not Important. Not to friends.
> But you can call me mr. Important" - Not J. Important
> Matija.Grabnar@arnes.si

yep, i did.

Options[objcnt]: nopercent, gauge, growright

my mrtg config works fine, but since i'm moving to 2.3STABLE1, and
rebuild the cache_dir, the graphs becomes weird.

The graph used to be stable around 600k object size ( I attached the
'monthly' graph here)
I'm expecting a raising graph, but what i got is a 'spiked' one.

-denisz-

objcnt-month.png