Re: Using two Proxies to balance the load.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 19:38:38 +0100

Heinz Ahrens wrote:

> Perhaps someone can help. I do not want to authenticate to two servers
> every time.

To use proxy_auth in a load balanced environment the client must either
go to the same proxy for the whole session, or to a virtual loadbalanced
proxy.

If you cannot accept the timeout from the PAC script in case of cache
server failure then I guess your only option is to use a TCP load
balancer where a virtual service IP address is load balanced to the two
caches.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker