New problem with post and Re: squid 2.2 stable 4 as both proxy and accelerator

From: Don Rolph <w-rolph@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 16:35:07 -0500

OK it looks like there is a bug in the red hat release of squid 2.2stable 4
which precludes stable operation of a squid as both a proxy and as an
accelerator quering an apache web server on port 81 of the same machine.

Installing squid 2.2stable5 fixes this problem.

I still have the following problem:

   * puts and posts fail with an attempt to access directly rather than
     through the parent cache for the default configuration
   * if I make hierarchy_stoplist mc.ti.com (my domain), then puts work but
     post still fail with an attempt to access directly

Again, this is running on LINUX and I am in a cahce hierarchy such that
external post must go to the firewall proxy to make it outside.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

--
Regards.