squid 2.2 stable 4 as both proxy and accelerator

From: Don Rolph <w-rolph@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 09:16:03 -0500

I have been using Squid 1.14 very nicely as a caching proxy and an
acceleerator. I am trying to migrate to Squid 2.2 stable 4 for the same
purpose. Looks like it works nicely as a proxy, or as an accelerator,
but if I have a client which uses it as the proxy setting and uses it as
an accelerator, I am getting access denied. Interestingly, this client
can use it as a proxy. Also interestingly, clients using the old proxy
can access the new squid as an accelerator just fine. I only get this
phenomenon when I have the new squid as the proxy setting and then try
to obtain the accelerated pages.

Thoughts? Worked fine under 1.14!

Cheers!

--