Re: SQUID and per user filter list

From: visolve cache <visolve_cache@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 21:32:08 -0800 (PST)

--- George Amaro <george@cpafrr.embrapa.br> wrote:
> Hello Squiders,
>
> I need to make an access list based in the user
> name.
> The user is alread authenticated using TACACS or
> RADIUS.
> The goal is to have a list of blocked sites based on
> the
> user name because the users can be in any IP.
> It should allow users to choose some sites to be
> denied for his account.
> Is there any way to make this using Squid?

hi,

    you can use the squid.conf to block the particular
site based on the user name.

use the acl in squid.conf as follows.

acl jhon proxy_auth joh
acl hotbar dstdomain www.hotbar.com
http_access allow jhon !hotbar

 I have the user named joh,i have blocked him from
accessing the site www.hotbar.com and allowed to
access the other sites.

=====
regards