Re: Implimenting a URL access list

From: visolve cache <visolve_cache@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 21:50:42 -0800 (PST)

> 1. Could someone assist me with the required ACL and
> http access config
> lines to make this work.

It is possible.
For example considering as you said, you want
www.bbc.co.uk to be browsed without authentication.
and for other sites authentication is required.

I have the following lines in squid.conf

acl users proxy_auth joe ken
acl bbc dstdomain www.bbc.co.uk
http_access allow bbc
http_access allow users

But for the first time when you open the broswer, It
will start going to home page, so it will ask
authentiaction. press cancel and again enter
www.bbc.co.uk. now it will not ask password. If you
browse other sites it will ask password. If you dont
want ask password for the first time when you open the
browser then make bbc site as your home page.

=====
regards
visolve_cache
visolve.com