Re: Could you help me?

From: David J N Begley <david@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 13:07:11 +1100 (EST)

On Sun, 23 Jan 2000, Kittipong Suksomdet wrote:

> From: Kittipong Suksomdet <bee_it@hotmail.com>
> To: david@avarice.nepean.uws.edu.au
> Subject: Could you help me?

This should really have been sent to the squid-users mailing list as I don't
use proxy authentication:

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-19.html#ss19.6

> 2. Normal user and password that send from browser to squid non encryption
> but if
> want encryption which function do? ,and what encryption method?

AFAIK, only HTTP "basic" authentication is supported.

> 3. The last if want to squid run in mode ssl , data that send from browser
> to squid in
> mode ssl , how do it begin?, which function?

There is nothing special for SSL to pass through Squid from a browser to a
remote server; however, Squid does not support SSL encryption of only the
request-to-proxy stream:

  http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-1.html#ss1.12
  http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-19.html#ss19.2

dave