Squid starter configuration question

From: Arjo van der Wijngaard <ajw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 14:24:31 +0100

Hi,

I'm total new with Linux & Squid. We have a small network 4 client ms winnt
and mswin 95, 1 Suse linux 6.3 server. We want to acces the internet from
the clients with the linux box. So i thought we need a proxy server and i
heard a lot about squid. We don't need it to cache web pages only to
connect the clients to the internet. We are able to connect to the Linux
box with tcp/ip. This my problem/question.

How do i configer squid, or is squid not a good choice for this situation,
can someone send me a sample from etc/squid.conf for this situation. I also
want squid to dial my ISP automaticly when a client want to acces the
internet. I'm now using wvdial to connect to my ISP.

Thanks in advance,

Arjo van der Wijngaard, Dutch Software Solutions bv.

ajw@dss.nl