Re: Fwd: Re: Question about acl's and FTP

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 00:48:06 +0100

Reuben Farrelly wrote:

> Here's a mime-header log showing you...I went to ftp.telstra.net and then
> just clicked on the "pub" directory :) As you can see the first GET had
> the trailing slash and went direct, but the second didn't...

And it works if using Netscape?

What should we do about FTP in IE?

* "Hidden" authentication does not work. User MUST supply both the
username and password in the URL where it is clearly visible for anyone
standing next to him, or to any untrusted pages loaded thru the
authenticated FTP session or error messages from the proxy.
* It chops trailing slashes from FTP URL's, making proxies very confused
about if the user requests a file or a directory. At best this causes
poor performance, and in some rare cases failure to access the requested
resource.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
http://squid.sourceforge.net/hno/