Re: delay pools per Ident

From: visolve cache <visolve_cache@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 21:02:30 -0800 (PST)

-- Barry Irwin <bvi@rucus.ru.ac.za> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> As anyone looked at implementing a system of delay
> pools on a per user basis
> ? Users to either id's via auth or an ident check?
> Is this even possible ?
> Having looked at the docs it looks plausible.
>
> Barry
>
> --

> Barry Irwin IRC: balin@zanet (#linux)
> bvi@moria.org http://rucus.ru.ac.za/~bvi
> Whois BI414 - PMPN8EZ - http://moria.org

Hi,
 Yes it is possible. Assume there are two users, Mike
and Philip. I have limited individual users to some
bandwidth rate-

Mike - 8000 bytes/sec
Philip - 1 byte/sec

In my squid.conf file I have the following,
acl Mike proxy_auth mik
acl Philip proxy_auth phi
http_access allow Mike
http_access allow Philip
delay_pools 2
delay_class 1 2
delay_class 2 2
delay_access 1 allow john
delay_access 2 allow mary
delay_parameters 1 -1/-1 8000/8000
delay_parameters 2 -1/-1 1/1

So Squid now serves Mike with 8000 bytes/sec and
Philip
with 1 byte/sec. If you have any doubt in delay pools
see the documentation in squid.conf.

=====
regards
visolve_cache