browser keeps prompting for authentication.

From: Brett Lymn <blymn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 16:39:53 +1030 (CST)

Folks,
        I am running Squid-2.2stable5 with smb_auth v0.04 on some
Solaris 2.6 boxen. I have the authentication set up so that our users
authenticate against our NT domain before they can surf external
sites.

For the most part this works like a charm, the user pops in their
username and password and away they go. But there are some sites
where the user is prompted over and over again to authenticate. If
the user cancels all the extra authentication prompts and reloads the
page then things work ok. From what I can see it appears that this
problem occurs when there are links embedded into javascript buttons,
www.hp.com was the first occurrence of the problem we saw here. Has
anyone any clues about how we can stop this happening?

BTW there was a method of stealing someone elses authentication posted
on Bugtraq not long ago, does v2.2-stable5 close this hole? I could
not see it in the ChangeLog.