Re: ACL dstdomain problem with 2.3S1??

From: David Hastings <david.hastings@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 09:58:17 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, Rod Savard wrote:

> Sorry for sending this message out again, but I didn't get a response when I
> posted it about a week ago:
>
> I installed 2.3S1 on our server (which was running 2.2S5 before) and the
> following ACLs are no longer working:
>
> acl ok_never dstdomain "/etc/squid.ok_never"
> acl ok_always dstdomain "/etc/squid.ok_always"

Rod,

Has each domain name in these files got a dot in front of it? From the
changelog:

The function which checks for a match between a hostname and a domain name
has been rewritten, and its behavior is now slightly different.
Previously, the domain ``com'' would match the hostname ``foo.com'', but
this is no longer the case. Now, if you must write ``.com'' to match
``foo.com''.

Regards,

Dave

--
David Hastings                       |
Network Applications                 |  "You know you've landed with the