Re: Migration from Netscape to squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 23:31:20 +0100

Squid is not an HTTP server.

Recommended action:

1. Configure Squid to listen to the default port of 3128.

2. Set up a small web server running on port 8080 for giving out the pac
file to the browsers. This PAC file then tells the browsers to contact
Squid on port 3128, or any other paths you may have to reach the
internet.

Technically it is possible to add the PAC file as a icon to Squid, but
it is not something I'd recommend trying.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker