Re: Dirstibuted proxy and cache configuration

From: visolve cache <visolve_cache@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 19:58:50 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

--- Ivo Damato <ivo.damato@istruzione.it> wrote:
> I whould also like that the departemental squid
> caches doesn't try to fetch
> the http request directly from the network, in fact
> in that case they will
> reach another route, non the one I desire to give
> them connection to the
> internet.
> Do you think that such a configuration is possible?
> Have you some suggestion for me? I'm using the 2.3
> STABLE 1 version, with
> Linux server in the central department and SINIX
> porting (just compiled on
> it... with some warnings messages) in the department
> branches.

The directive never_direct could be used to solve your
problem. With never_direct you can use ACL elements to
specify requests which should never be forwarded to
origin servers directly.

Example:

acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
never_direct allow all

Now all the requests will never forwarded directly to
origin servers. It will only go via parent.

=====
regards
visolve_cache
visolve.com