Re: New to this: What use to have more than one squid on same machine

From: visolve cache <visolve_cache@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 21:20:59 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

--- Andreas Michligk <andreas.michligk@siemens.com.sg>
wrote:
> I have read in the archive that it is possible
> and/or desirable to have more than one Squid on a
> machine. What is the use of that? What does it give
> you if you define the one Squid as the parent cache
> of the other one? Is this (only) useful for big
> installations (we peak at about 1700 http
> requests/minute here)? Questions, questions,
> questions ....

you can satisfy the increased number of requests from
clients with one more squid which run on different
ports on the same machine. You can run multiple squid
if you got higher internet bandwidth and powerful CPU.
You should have separate cache for each squid running
on different port.

=====
regards
visolve_cache