Re: Customizing error pages

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 23:40:09 +0100

Danny Kruitbosch wrote:

> I want to customize my error pages. Could someone tell me what to do?

Create a custom error directory, copy the installed templates there and
edit them. Then change squid.conf to use your custom directory instead
of the default, and restart Squid.

> I know I have to edit errorpage.c and all the error templates in the source
> file.

You don't have to change anything in the distribution or recompile
Squid. The error pages are plain texttual template files loaded when
Squid starts up. If you do not like the default signature, then use %s
somewhere in the error page (it gets substituded with the Squid version
used, which the developers see as a minimal requirement).

Any images you want to use can either be referenced from one of your web
servers (recommended) or loaded as icons thru mime.conf.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker