Re: I want to know wheather squid supports following or not.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 20:38:33 +0100

Miguel A.L. Paraz wrote:

> Probably an array of caches working together, like Microsoft CARP... in which
> case there is none. You can set up a bunch of squid machines as mutual
> siblings though.

Squids can run as a limited CARP array with the help of a HTTP server
and a text editor...

> Perhaps other caches have a feature where authenticated users can only
> "login" from one machine. Problem is, there's really no login involved
> because HTTP is stateless.

Well, Squid does support this by bugging the user if he is using
multiple IP addresses (denying the request with "authentication
required" every time the username switches IP). See authenticate_ip_ttl
in squid.conf.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker