Re: I want to know wheather squid supports following or not.

From: Miguel A.L. Paraz <map@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 21:11:27 +0800

I think the original poster is comparing from a commercial app feature list =)

> > Caching Array
>
> Not sure what you mean by this.

Probably an array of caches working together, like Microsoft CARP... in which
case there is none. You can set up a bunch of squid machines as mutual
siblings though.

> > Single User Logon
>
> Don't know. As I understand it, Squid does support add-on authenticators
> which can be used to make it work with arbitrary authentication systems.

Perhaps other caches have a feature where authenticated users can only
"login" from one machine. Problem is, there's really no login involved
because HTTP is stateless.

> > User Level Control
>
> Not sure what you mean by this. Probably not.

A regular non-admin user can configure their own personal settings?

---m

--
Miguel "Migs" A.L. Paraz			          http://www.iphil.net
Technology, Architecture, Training	    IPhil Communications Network, Inc.