RE: assertion failed: internal.c:97: "host && port && name" (fwd

From: Martin Brooks <martin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 07:11:08 -0000 (GMT)

I had exactly the same problem though there was no response to my posting a
couple of days ago. I'm assuming it's a bug - kernel or squid? I don't know.

To get round it, I've simply allowed squid to bind to all the IPs but
I've inserted firewall rules to prevent access on the appropriate interfaces.

On 03-Feb-2000 CarloX wrote:

> Hi you all,
>
> I've got a small problem using SQUID 2.3.STABLE1 on a Linux/debian
> 2.1 (kernel 2.2.14).
>
> The problem appears when I want SQUID to listen on a single IP
> address (the system has 3 interfaces) and the IP has no DNS reverse
> address.
>
> Reading the config file you can find the following:
>
># TAG: http_port
># Usage: port
># hostname:port
># 1.2.3.4:port
>

> The option we have test is:
>

> http_port xx.ww.yy.zz:8080
>

> And this is what SQUID says at cache.log:
>
> assertion failed: internal.c:97: "host && port && name"
>
> Different configurations seem to work properly.
>
> Someone willing to help us out?
>
> Salut.
>
> ---
> Carlos Bote cbote@el-mundo.net cbote@clerval.org
> Tecnico de Sistemas UniX Admin
> Diario El Mundo en Internet http://www.el-mundo.es
> "640K should be enough for everyone [Bill Gates]"

Martin Brooks, Systems Administrator
martin@gointernet.co.uk
Go Internet Ltd
36 Gloucester Avenue