Re: Similar to 'nother acl

From: Neil <anil@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 10:02:28 +1100

Regarding my recent query concerning the squid.conf line that didn't work:
acl ourhosts srcdomain scu.edu.au

After reading Roger's query I now understand that the syntax has changed to:
acl ourhosts srcdomain .scu.edu.au

Thanks for your posting Roger.

I notice that someone else wrote that this information is in the release
notes on the web site. I had already made an extensive reading of the doco
when I made this posting and I still can't find any "release notes" on the
web site. I wonder if this syntax change is worth putting a little note
in the README with the distribution? I certainly could've saved myself some
work if it had been more obviously documented.

Neil
>But I have had to put in an "http_access allow all" because the lines
>"acl ourhosts srcdomain scu.edu.au
>http_access allow ourhosts"
>don't seem to be allowing local domain hosts to use the cache.
>They are getting an "access denied due to configuration" error message.
>
>Can you help please?
>
>Neil Gulati.
>always_direct allow local-servers
>From: Roger Pen~a Escobio <roger@infomed.sld.cu>
>To: "squid-users@ircache.net" <squid-users@ircache.net>
>Subject: a little problem with dstdomain acl type
>
>hello all
>i recently upgrade my squid 2.2stable3 to 2.3stable1, i know that in 2.3
>the dns process change but my old dstdomain acl doesn't work.
>
>i had, for example, paho.org in the acl and if ours users make a request
>to www.paho.org they got the page. Now i have to change the acl to
>.paho.org in order to make it work, this behavior is right??
>
>Thanks
>Roger
                  NEIL GULATI
            Unix Systems Programmer