Re: Microsoft Proxy

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 23:41:48 +0100

John_Neff@praxair.com wrote:

> I have a Debian Linux box and I am on a corporate LAN. There is an NT box
> running MS Proxy. Lynx is the only application that authenticates (prompts me
> for name and password) to MS Proxy. I am trying to get sqid to run on the
> Debian box and authenticate all traffic to the MS Proxy server as a parent.
> THis proxy stuff is new to me.

The NT proxy must be configured to accept Basic HTTP proxy
authentication (also called plain-text username+password). Squid won't
do NTLM authentication.

> Has anyone been able to use squid to get thru an NT proxy?

I know people have been using it when no authentication is required.
Don't know if anyone is using it in the way you want to.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker