Adequate box?

From: Sibyl Hare <SIBYLH@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 14:38:58 -0500

I am researching transparent web caching servers to reduce our bandwidth to the internet. We have a 15M pipe that can burst to 30M and it looks a though we are bursting a lot. Squid seems to be a solution worth looking at and we have an AIX machine with 512M memory but only about 13G disk space. Is it worth trying to set up a caching server with that size disk space? We are trying to do this as economically as possible.

Thanks for any help you can give,

Sibyl Hare
Computer Services
University of South Carolina