Re: Squid crashing (cache_swap_log and storeDirOpenTmpSwapLog)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 13:49:02 +0100

You have probably run out of either disk space or inodes.

Check the output of
df
and
df -i

and your systems messages file. Some OS:es (i.e. Solaris 2.6) fail to
handle fragmented filesystems properly unless tuned for it.

Another (not very likely) possibility is that it does not have
permission to create the new swap.state file.

My recommendation is to move the swap.state files to a separate
partition by using the cache_swap_log squid.conf directive. Squid
recovers automatically if it cannot store more objects in a cache_dir,
but it is a fatal error if it cannot manage the swap.state file.

/Henrik