Squid crashing (cache_swap_log and storeDirOpenTmpSwapLog)

From: Jonathan Benson <sysadmin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 15:18:02 +1100

Hi all

Twice now my proxy (RedHat 6.1 with squid-2.2.STABLE4-5) has crashed
and I get this error when trying to run it:
storeDirOpenTmpSwapLog: Failed to open swap log.

I have not specified a cache_swap_log directory so presume this magic
file should be present in my cahce directory but there are only two
files present (apart from the cache directories):
-rw-r--r-- 1 squid squid 9580512 Feb 7 15:11 swap.state
-rw-r--r-- 1 squid squid 0 Feb 7 04:15
swap.state.last-clean

It would seem that both crashes occured when the cache reached the size
that I had specified as maximum. I've tried reducing this to the point
that it's now set to 25GB on a 39GB drive (last crash it was set at
30GB) but that doesn't seem to help.

Any ideas, suggestions, further information would be MOST appreciated.

Thanks

Jon

--
Jonathan Benson